Start a new topic

Expanded "I Support This" functionality

I'm not sure if this is already possible, so please forgive me if this is already an available function within Shareabouts.
Before I explain the functionality I'd like to see, let me first describe the scenario:
     I'm creating a Crash map, and in config.yml, I changed the word "Support" to "Witness". This way, someone can click to say, "I witnessed this". The idea is to be able to connect the victim of the crash to any witnesses, which could help the victim in his/her legal testimony or insurance/police reporting.

Back to the functionality -
     I'd like to force someone who wants to say "I Witnessed This" to give their email address. Once they click "I witnessed this", an email box will appear, and their "Witnessing" of the event will only be recorded if they provide a valid email address. I'd like to do this to ensure that people clicking "I witnessed this" are willing to be contacted by the victim, and leave a valid email for doing so.

Is this something that could be useful for other implementations of Shareabouts? Or is this something that I should try to hack on my end, as it's specific to my project?
1 Comment

See https://github.com/openplans/shareabouts/issues/32